SEO Tips For Beginners - How To Rank Your Blog On Google In today’s world, it’s almost impossible to be a success without an online presence. That means it’s a good idea to explore ways to attract more visitors to your website. Luckily, there are a few tried-and-true techniques that can help you accomplish that.
- Research your competitors and their SEO strategy: The first thing to do is to research your competitors and their SEO strategy. You need to figure out how they are ranking for a specific keyword or phrase.
- Update your website content regularly: This means that you should update your website content regularly with fresh, new pieces of content. This will keep Google interested in your website, as it seems that it’s updated frequently and has a lot of new information to share with readers.
- Use keywords in URLs, headings, meta descriptions, and titles: Since SEO is crucial for the success of a blog, it is important to follow these 10 SEO tips for beginners. It is essential to learn and implement them correctly so that you can increase your chances of being found in Google searches.
- Know your audience: They want fast and helpful content that will answer their question or solve their problem.
- Use your keywords: In your title, headings, heading tags, and throughout the content of your site
- Optimize for mobile: Make sure you have a responsive design so the pages will load quickly on all devices
- Keep it short but sweet: People don't want to read long-winded articles like they used to
- Understand Google's algorithm updates: The algorithms change often so always be on the lookout
- Add social media buttons: Social media helps you to get more traffic from social networks
- Make Content Strategy: It’s important to create a content strategy before you start writing content.
- Internal linking: Internal linking is essential for SEO success.
- Keyword research is vital to SEO success and it should be done before you start writing any content.
- Content needs to be optimized for readership, not just search engines, so the layout should be simple and easy-to-read even though there's a lot of text on the page (sites with more than 1,000 words are ranking better).
- Include links to other pages on your site in your new posts
One of the best things you can do to promote your content or ideas is to have a blog or a website. And in order to market your content, a website or a blog plays a very vital role. So, you can say a website is a hub for all of your marketing efforts.
If you have trouble gathering visitors and improving your ranking. And even if you are giving your 100% but cannot see the progress in your blog or website, then it’s still a good idea to use some of the SEO methods discussed here to improve your website’s ranking on search engines like Google. So, you can start with this quick overview and check out the whole post if you want more in-depth strategies.
Optimize Your Title Tag
A lot of people have a vague notion of what the title tag is. You might know that it’s the title of your post. However, you might not know why you need to optimize your title tag. Many people still don’t understand that the title tag is just the title of the post. However, it’s actually the first piece of content in the body of your post that Google is going to show the user and after seeing that traffic comes in your blog. That means that if your title tag is not SEO-friendly, then Google may not show the majority of your content. The main reason why your title tag should be SEO-friendly is that it tells Google: “Hello Google, I have very interesting content to offer.” The main reason Google would show you a title tag is if the content you provided has a good quality and going to offer something to the user.
Do you know what? Google can look at hundreds of different pieces of information about your site and choose the most relevant one to rank on first. One thing that Google loves more than anything else is a good title. In fact, we could say that the value of a title tag should be greater than the value of the site it’s appearing on.
If you don’t make your title tags good enough, you’re going to lose traffic to your blog.
Optimize Your Meta Description
Meta descriptions are the part of a webpage that gives the readers information about what the website contains. For example, when someone searches for “SurfTheKnowledge”, the meta description of the top result says “SurfTheKnowledge is a technology website where you can get the latest Science & Technology News, Gadgets Updates & Reviews, along with various Life,” That’s pretty vague. What are the keywords that SurfTheKnowledge specializes in? And what kind of content does the site feature? Is there a blog, and what are the topics that readers can read about? This is where the meta description is most crucial in helping you rank higher in search engine results.
We can say that Meta Description is a short but important section of your website that describes what the page contains. In order to make your site look more attractive in search results, ensure that your meta description is informative and accurate. For example, if you have a blog about technology, make sure that you’re mentioning specific software or hardware products that your readers may want to know more about.
Optimize Your Headings
One of the major structures you use in your posts is Headings. Headings are the major structure you use in your posts. Headings tell Google what the content is about, as well as how to navigate around it. So if you write several sections of content, make sure each has its own heading. If your page consists of many sections, then you should also add sub-heading tags. This is a great way to organize your content as well as attract more readers.
Optimize Your Images
Optimizing your image library is a great place to start. In a blog post, we think that pictures are worth a thousand words of content. All of that means you need to get them to your site. You need to use multiple images because it’s helpful to have the main image displayed with the title or the meta-data ‘image’ attribute, and then a second image with additional description. You can do this on your home page, or on your business page or blog page.
Create A Good Link Structure
One of the important parts of SEO is Link Building. It’s important to remember that creating a good link profile doesn’t need to be complicated. You can start with contact, frequency, and links. In order to make your post more engaging, you should take the time to increase your social platform viz. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn more engaging. There are many free tools available that can help you craft the best profile possible. And last but not the least, you should use keywords in your bio and blog name. The most important part of any article is the title. It must be relevant to your readers, easy to search, and unique.
Optimize Your URL
Optimizing your URL is a very important step that can make all the difference between you and the competition. There are several SEO best practices you can employ to improve the performance of your site and make it easier for your readers to find. There are many more of these tricks, and it would take far too long to list all of them, but for now, just remember to optimize your URL.
Create Branding & Layout for Your Blog
When you think about your blog, think about branding and layout. Websites and blogs with poorly designed and badly laid out layouts and text will suffer. If you don’t have time to design a new layout for your blog, try some of the tactics outlined in this post.